We offer a wide variety of vaccinations for our canine and feline friends. We strongly encourage you to keep all your puppy and kitten appointments. There are many deadly diseases that strike the young animals that aren’t vaccinated. Our vaccinations include:
Dogs, 1 yr and older
Annual K9 vaccination package includes:
- Bordetella (kennel cough)
- Intestinal parasite screening to check for worms
- Heartworm test. We offer two heartworm tests. The cheaper version tests only for heartworms; the more expensive test checks for heartworms, anaplasmosis, ehrlichia and Lyme disease.
Both tests require a simple blood draw that takes about 10 minutes to run.
1st set of shots: 6-8 weeks old. Includes exam, distemper/Parvo/parainfluenza, fecal exam
2nd set: 9-12 weeks. Exam, DHLPP, bordetella
3rd set: 12-16 weeks. Exam, DHLPP, rabies
Cats, 1 yr and older
- Feline distemper (FVRCP)
- Intestinal parasite screening
- Outdoor/indoor cats are encouraged to also get the feline leukemia shot and FeLV/FIV test
1st set of shots: 6-9 weeks old. Includes exam, FVRCP, FeLV/FIV test, fecal exam
2nd set: 9-12 weeks old. Includes exam, FeLV #1, FVRCP
3rd set: 12-15 weeks old. Includes FeLV #2, FVRCP, rabies
We also offer canine influenza vaccine as well as canine rattlesnake vaccine. For each of these, the protocol calls for your pet to receive the first vaccine and a booster one month later. After that, your dog needs the vaccine once a year. These vaccines are not available for cats.